CENTRES (Clinical Ethics Network + Research Ethics Support) is based at the Centre for Biomedical Ethics at the National University of Singapore and has been operating since 2009 with the aim of networking with local institutions to develop capacity in clinical ethics and research ethics.
Our activities include:
(1) Workshops and talks on topics relevant to network members
(2) Networking sessions to discuss cases & related matters
(3) Periodic e-mail and website updates with resources relevant to network members
(4) An annual international conference on clinical ethics, &
(5) An annual international conference on research ethics
For clinical ethics, these activities are targeted at members of clinical ethics committees, clinicians, nurses, and allied health professionals.You can find a list of institutions with participating CECs here.
For research ethics, these activities are targeted at IRB members, researchers, and IRB administrators. You can find a list of institutions with participating IRBs here.
We also maintain a blog with weekly commentary on topics in clinical and research ethics, and a twitter account for brief updates on CENTRES activities.